Answered By: Lydia Matheson Last Updated: 14 Jun, 2017 Views: 204
Summer Vacation Loans
- From the beginning of July and over the summer vacation, 7 day and long loan books will be issued until October.
- Before this date, please log-in to your Library Record and renew your books.
- Please check your Aston email address frequently in case a book which you have borrowed, gets recalled. This can happen if the book you have borrowed has been reserved by another Library user.
- You will need to return recalled books to the Library by the due date included in the recall email notification, either in person or by post.
- If you return books by post you will need to pay the return postage. Books may be returned by courier or post but the service used should give a guaranteed return within 2-3 days. All items returned should be securely packed and addressed to:
Public Services Co-ordinator
- You will be responsible for the safe return of the item, and if it is lost while it is being returned, you will have to pay for its replacement.
Please note: one day loan books will still be issued for one day only as normal, during the summer vacation.
Please note that during the Christmas and Easter vacation periods, normal loan periods apply. This means that you will need to renew books that are due back during the vacation period. If you are not able to renew books because they have been reserved by another library user, then you will need to return them by post. No books will be due back during Library closed days, but fines will be incurred for late return if books have been reserved by someone else.
Please visit us at the Help desk:
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 18:00 term-time
09:00 - 17:00 vacation