Answered By: Emma Hollinshead Last Updated: 12 Mar, 2019 Views: 41
The Library sends emails to students about their Library record, room bookings or receipts for books taken out on the self service machines
If you aren't receiving these emails it may be because the email system is incorrectly classing them as spam and quarantining them. If the emails are marked as 'not spam' and released from quarantine the spam filter should stop picking them up.
To mark as not spam and release from quarantine:
- Go to https://protection.office.com/#/quarantine
- Log in using your Aston username and password
- You will be taken to the Security and compliance center with 3 links on the left.
- Click on Threat Management this will expand to give you the option underneath of Review.
- Click on Review and you will get a box on screen saying Quarantine.
- Click on this to get a list of all the messages currently held in quarantine.
- Look for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org (for room bookings) or email@example.com (library reminder emails) or selfservice-G2@mmm.com (for self service receipts) and click on one to open it.
- From the box that opens click on release message then release message again on the next screen.
- This should mean that any emails from this address are no longer held in quarantine but instead go to your inbox.
If you are still having problems with your emails not arriving then please contact the IT Helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit us at the Help desk:
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 18:00 term-time
09:00 - 17:00 vacation